Wednesday, June 6, 2012

From the Garden and Farm

As you may know, we are garden newbies and recently purchased a home with a garden full of insane amounts of chard and cauliflower. We are also first-time members of a CSA from a nearby farm and will receive our first share this week. 


So, it is my pleasure to introduce the From the Garden and Farm summer blog series. 




Throughout the summer you can follow along with me as I put local produce to good use in our kitchen. My dear friend Erin will also be along for the ride. We will spend the summer sharing our culinary adventures using fresh, local, and often homegrown ingredients. We will tackle new-to-us foods and even preserving! We'll share preparation and storage tips, our recipe successes ... and disappointments, and our husbands may even pop in from time to time with growing and harvesting tips.

I've also started a board on Pinterest to gather together culinary inspiration based on the weekly harvest, follow along! 

We are looking forward to sharing our summer with you!

3 comments:

Dedee said...

Can't wait to read your posts. Picked my first zucchini yesterday!

Every Little Thing said...

Woohoo, sounds like great inspiration for my CSA haul!

Annie said...

Hooray! Jordan and I did the CSA thing a couple of years ago, and because of the time of year (maybe fall?), we wound up with a lot of leaf-y greens that we didn't quite know what to do with. I'd love to follow along and see if we could be brave enough to try again with some recipes in hand!