Friday, June 8, 2012

CSA Share Week 1

We are about to embark on a 22 week adventure with a local farm. We received our first share last night, and what a delight! I'm obsessed with how adorable those little radishes are, and let's be honest ... I want to smear that cherry jam all over everything .... everything. 


Clockwise From Top Left: 

1. Strawberries
2. Cherry Freezer Jam
3. Green Garlic
4. Tuscan Kale
5. Rainbow Chard (MORE!)
6. Red Onion
7. Sunflower Shoots
8. Pink Lady and French Breakfast Radishes

Not pictured: Mixed Heirloom Lettuce (Totally forgot it was in the box. Whoops!)

I've never cooked with radishes, sunflower shoots, or tuscan kale. This should be interesting. Do you have any favorite recipes using these ingredients? I'd love to know!

This post is part of the From the Garden and Farm Summer Series

3 comments:

Kalen said...

Pickled radishes are good if you don't end up liking them.
Kale + navy beans + good bacon = best thing ever.

Jen said...

We roasted our radishes and they mellowed out quite nicely. I would add some sort of herb to them next time though since the usual salt, pepper, and olive oil made them a little bland. I absolutely loved our CSA strawberries but sadly it was the one and only box we'll get since it's been abnormally hot and dry here.

Every Little Thing said...

What farm? I'm jealous of the jam! And where did they get their strawberries?! I thought they were all but gone now!

I just posted today about pickled radishes but they are great roasted too. Treat the kale as you would any other kale - saute, make kale chips, massage dressing for salad, etc. I just found a recipe for grilled kale even!