The kitchen is in great shape already, but isn't really our style. So, we plan to make a few inexpensive updates to spruce it up. Here's my plan.
1. Have cabinets painted white. If you are in STL, we have a friend who is a great painter and has great rates. I'd be happy to pass along his info.
2. Get new hardware from IKEA, and hopefully their dark wood-esque counter tops.
3. Install a subway tile back splash with gray grout. We also have a tile friend.
4. Send that subway tile all the way up the wall in one section where we will remove the cabinets, and install some open shelving to match the counter tops.
5. The ceiling is already slightly coffered, and I think original to the house. I'd like to add breadboard in the existing squares, and perhaps paint it just the palest robin's egg blue to channel my inner southerner. To be determined.
6. Paint the walls out light gray.
Have you tackled any similar projects? Do you have any tips, suggestions, or words of wisdom? Let me know! If you're interested, you can track all my "New Old Home" inspiration on my Pinterst board.
I'm really anxious to show you all pictures, but for now, here's the inspiration.
|Clockwise from top: 1, 2, 3, 4|