Friday, February 3, 2012

Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta


Brussels sprouts have totally made a comeback, as I'm sure many of you know. There are a million recipes like this out there, I know. But these are a favorite around our house so I figured I'd share!

Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Crisped Pancetta

Ingredients: 
- 2-4 big handfuls of brussels sprouts. (I buy the bags at TJ's)
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil 
- I package of diced pancetta

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice each sprout in half.
- Spread all the sprouts out on a jelly roll pan lined with a silicone baking mat
- Toss with olive oil
- Shower with coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Drizzle with maple syrup and stir to coat
- Bake for 30 + minutes until fully roasted and soft in the middle. They may be a bit charred,  
  don't worry. 
- While the sprouts are roasting, crisp your pancetta in a pan over to stove and drain on a 
   paper towel. 
- When the sprouts are done, toss with the pancetta and serve. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kylee Noelle {the blog} said...

Brussels Sprouts are my favorite! These look so amazing. I will definitely be trying them! (going to pin to my recipe board now :-))