Thursday, December 17, 2009
Usual Kara Christmas Behavior:
- Tackling a bazillion projects, DIY gifts, decorating projects, and baking endeavors
- Over-scheduling, over-eating, over-committing, over-spending
- Worry. Worry. Worry.
- Taking little time to stop and feel the cold on my cheeks, to taste my hot coffee, to look at the lights, or savor the season
This year Christmas is just plain different.
This year I am...
- Sincerely spending time with those I love- thinking not of what needs to be done, but just listening, sharing and enjoying their company
- Treasuring the smallest blessings of the season: turtle coffee, peppermint mochas, fruit-flavored candy canes, twinkling white lights, the perfect hymn, spontaneous movie nights, brown paper and twine, cooking a good meal for good company, exchanging gifts on unconventional days, warm socks and even warmer blankets
- Filling my heart and mind with scripture saturated with anticipation of a coming Savior
- Operating out of humble appreciation for what God has done in my life in the past year and what he continues to do... only by His grace and not because I deserve even an ounce of it.
Here's to the little things....the seemingly insignificant moments that, when strung together like garland, decorate December with what Christmas is all about..
Posted by Inspired Kara at Thursday, December 17, 2009