Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I am my Aunt's Niece...

I have an aunt Kathy.

I love her very much and I'm more like her than most anyone else in my family. She appreciates a good flea market find, a cute apron, a good recipe, and most importantly is a sap for family heritage and tradition, just like me.

She also likes to have cooking days in her old-timey kitchen.

I think they will always be some of my favorite memories of North Carolina...

As evidenced here:



And here: 





So, what better way to celebrate fall than with my own "let's cook pies in cute aprons" party!



I had a few of my girls help me make pies after our group spent the day apple picking



We used a family recipe of mine



Oh goodness the day was abounding in cuteness



and oozing with domesticness



And you better believe I loved every last second of it




Go bake a pie with your friends

And use an old recipe and wear an old apron

And connect with where you came from. 

It will make you feel warm and fuzzy and fall-like and, well, it doesn't get much better than that my friends.

2 comments:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Do you use Poladroid to make those cute, vintagey pictures? I love them!

Gypsy Heart said...

I love pie!