Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding, An Inspiration Board

My very best and dearest friend Aria is getting married in May. They are going for an outdoor, intimate, casual yet sophisticated style event. And I am lucky enough to be chosen as her MOH. I could not be more honored.

She chose our bridesmaid dress last night, from Anthropologie (let me just mention I could easily set up residence in an Anthro store). I just LOVE how it is a print, how it is unexpected, how it is just so perfectly Aria.


Here is the dress:

And here is the inspiration board I created for her based off of her selection.
(Click Board to Enlarge)


Event Vision (From Left)

Row One: Subtle and soft monogrammed invitations, a collection of thrifted and antique china will serve as place settings, the pattern of the dress, artisan chocolate as favor's (her fiance owns a chocolate company), rustic and organic feel to the food set up- olives, cheese, figs, bread etc.

Row Two: Bringing the indoor out- a shabby table nestled between two trees is the perfect place to enjoy a cocktail and catch up with an old friend, beautifully unexpected wedding florals with Aria's favorite- Anemones, a hint of color peeks through in shades of Marigold yellow, Beverage jars and pitchers of sangria and iced tea.

Row Three: Hand-crafted programs made from the burlap sacks her fiance's cocoa beans are shipped in, broken down converse, chandeliers of candles hanging from beneath the tree where they exchange vows, swap a traditional wedding slide show with clotheslines full of photographs of the couple, family and friends.

What do you think?

Do you have any unique ideas for this wedding?

Do you have an event in need of a bit of inspiration? Let me know. I'd be happy to help!

Don't be surprised if you see a few more of these boards pop up for this event.

Come back and see me!

~Kara

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your friend! How fun and I love the dress!

MelanieKaye said...

This is exactly what I imagine this wedding to look like. The board is perfect.

Megan said...

I think you should do this for a living!!

littlesack said...

That dress is fabulous and the board is beautiful (and it really is a dress you could wear again!)

Julia Goolia said...

I love it!

And I find it ironic b/c my BM dresses were by 'Aria' :)

Mrs Anne said...

YOU are amazing!

*Congrats on being the MOH
*Fabulous dress
*LOVE this collage/style

I want one for MY wedding!!! :)

Trina said...

I agree, you should do this for a living. It looks perfect! And lots of personal touches and it feels vintage and organic. love it.

Angie said...

You have some awesome and unique ideas! Love that cute dress!

Liz Harrell said...

Ok... that dress is fantastic. So very Doris Day!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!