Thursday, July 17, 2008

Help me, all ye with great taste....

I'm at a loss. Below you will see the three colors/patterns currently occurring in my room, along with a "real-life" picture showing that the blue color is lighter than it seems "swatch-style." I know I need to aim towards being layered with my design and not be completely matchy-matchy. So, help a girl out!!!

Here's what I need:

- Suggestions for curtain fabric/pattern/color. (I will also be hanging curtains instead of closet doors
- Accent colors for pillows, accessories, etc.
- Ideas for what to hang/lean above mantel/headboard







You all are the best!

come back and see me!
~Kara

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kara, not sure which direction you want to go colorwise, but gold/yellows mix well with that blue, as well as rusty reds. I can see a bold stripe mixed with that fabric, as well as a solid with small dots or something that appears solid in a small scale pattern. I'd get out to the fabric store & start a hunt with a big swatch of your fabric. When you hold them all up with each other, then you'll be able to see which ones are keepers. Lots of possibilities!


Rhoda

Julia Goolia said...

I'd say navy blue for an accent color---I'm thinking a bold print for the curtains and a sold for the pillows? And I love framed art above beds....like a bunch of small squares or something.

Stacy said...

Hi there!

Just found your blog thru Rhoda at Southern Hospitality. I LOVE it! I will definitely be back!

~Stacy