Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Help! Pillow Fabrics.

I love gray, and I have a tendency to not purchase anything with color. However, with an empty and undecorated house, I feel it screaming for some warmth and pattern. I'm trying to be thoughtful and intentional with what I put where, creating more of a design than just throwing around what I have. So, I figured I'd start warming the place up with pillows, but I need your help. We have light grey walls, thick white trim, a charcoal grey sofa, and warm wood floors. 


All fabrics from Spoonflower. See specific links on my Pinterest board

Which patterns do you like? Would you mix and match front and back? If so, what way? Would you make stripes? Would you keep it more simple? What colors do you like? Do you have any other ideas? Should I keep it more neutral?

note: #5 is a mint and white large stripe pattern. 

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I like 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, and 12. I would mix 5 with 12 and 7 and 3. 4 and 1 may be cute too. 6 ad 12 would be cute too! Do you sew? I'd love to make pillows for you! I always make sure my pillows can be cute on both sides... so you have TWO pillows almost! :)

Caroline said...

Oh and I always think keep the paint and couches neutral and the pillows fun and flirty!

Jen said...

I like 7 and 11 together. I also like 5 but I can't figure out what I like with it. Maybe 7? 1 and 4 I like together too.

natalie said...

I love 1, 4, and 9!

Carrie said...

A mix of 3, 8 & 12 - solid pillows in each print -- Maybe red piping on the gray ones?

Debbie From Illinois said...

Kara, it was so fun to meet you last week at Alyssa and Joseph's wedding! Your sis-in-law Jordyn, is a cutie too. :)

I picked 6,7,8 and 11 for the pillows.

Annie said...

I like 4, 5, 7, and 10, all of which I think could be mixed and matched if you wanted. I think 4 & 5 could look good on the same pillow, & 7 & 10 could too. Great choices!

Megan Irwin said...

I like 4, 5, 7 and 12. I love mint and orange/red together and the soft pink is unexpected and nice. They are all great and I'm sure whatever you pick will be fabulous!!