Thursday, February 2, 2012

Maple Roasted Butternut Squash

Roasted veggies is the way to go people. You can roast almost anything. It's quick, easy and delicious, especially if you douse those nutrients in maple syrup. These little squash squares are the perfect quick and simple side dish without compromising taste. 


I don't have an exact recipe, so bear with me as I explain. I promise it's super simple. 

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 

2. Take however much squash you want and peel and cube it. Or buy it pre-cubed from TJs!

3. Spread all those darling little cubes out on a rimmed baking sheet. If I were you, I would line it. I LOVE and I mean LOVE my silicone baking mat for roasting and baking, I highly recommend you get one

4. Drizzle the squash with olive oil and toss till coated. 

5. Shower with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper. 

6. Drizzle with around 1-2 table spoons of maple syrup and toss till coated. Use your judgment on how much. Trust your gut when cooking. It's usually right. 

7. Pop those suckers in the oven and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until tender when poked with a fork. 

8. Enjoy while brainstorming all the other veggies you can roast up with a touch of sweetness!

1 comment: