|Pink Basil's Recipe|
I saw this picture on Pinterest and may have said a few joyful expletives in excitement over how much I wanted to chow down on this immediately.
I had a girls night this week and some peaches that were about to be past their prime. So, I knew what I had to do.
I didn't have the right jars, so ramekins had to do...
1. Cut an X across the top of your peaches and blanch them for about a minute. Let em cool, and those skins will peal right off.
2. Chop up the peaches. Sprinkle some sugar over em in a big bowl. You now have "Macerated Peaches"! Fancy, right?
3. Get a little tub of Mascarpone. If you've never tried this goodness, trust me you want to.
4. I added in a couple of dollops of vanilla bean paste. Vanilla extract will do, but use the REAL kind. I added in some sugar and just a little blue agave syrup, because it looked cute at Trader Joe's and I wanted to try it. Lame, I know. Add in a splash of cream if you want to thin it down a bit.
5. Layer up your cream and peaches in your favorite container. Let's be honest, those jars are the cutest of all.
6. Top with some mint from your crazy growing like wild mint plants on your front porch.
7. Refrigerate for awhile so everything in that jar/glass/ramekin gets all cozy together.
8. Serve at girls night with sweet white wine and wonderful discussion.
Speaking of peach and mascarpone, you also may want to make this tart I posted forever ago.
And in other news, who wants to finance my new camera so I can take kick butt food pictures? Any takers? :)