Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The sweetest winds, they blow across the south...

Tomorrow I will be in what might be my favorite place in the entire world, the mountains of North Carolina.

Wonderful things happen there.

Peach stands on the side of the road...



Grandmas....



Grandma's who make amazing food, like fried green tomatoes...



Hand picking blackberries....



Oh, and Bar-b-Que....



There is something really special about North Carolina... mostly because my extended family is there, but also because the culture is just part of who I am. It's no surprise to any of you that I am obsessed with food, but there is something almost sacred about sharing the kitchen with the women of my family. They taught me everything, and not just about cooking... about life and what it means to love a very real and present God.

I can't wait.

4 comments:

Abby said...

I totally agree! :) (i live in NC!)

elventryst said...

Oh my sweet home, Carolina! I'm totally jealous-- I haven't been down to visit my family in South Carolina in over a year. Enjoy your time and soak up that Grandma's lovin'. XOXO, e

Kalen said...

Have so much fun!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Love those pictures! fyi, you've been tagged/awarded on my blog: http://cookscrapcraft.blogspot.com/2010/07/so-versatile.html