Monday, November 3, 2008

Some things are just more important

Our nation has heavily been on my heart today. I am not at all afraid or worried about who will win the election. I know some are. I am however worried for the onset of negativity amongst everyone. And, I am fearful that too many folks have their identity and happiness, and even their feelings of security, wrapped up in what candidate wins.

If a democrat wins? Our God is in control.
If a republican wins? Our God is in control.
If the economy collapses? Our God is in control.
If we have to stand in lines to receive rations of food? Our God is still in control.

Some things are more important than our daily ramblings in blog land. Please spend the next two days praying for our nation, for our leaders, for BOTH of the candidates, and for those serving our country.

13 comments:

Whitney said...

Great post! And I agree 100%!

a simple seeker said...

Amen. :)

Megan said...

I agree too. I just hope a republican wins. :0)

Anonymous said...

Whew girl! I think you just had church :) My husband and I were talking about the exact same thing at the dinner table tonight. We agree with you 110%. Well said, and about time!!

-Hayley

Anonymous said...

Kara, well said.......Andrea

Mrs Anne said...

Amen x infinity!

I couldn't agree more!

Leacayoungart said...

Amen, well said.

Lauren and Justin said...

:) heart you!

Suzann said...

My 7 year old and I have been talking about the exact same thing. God has already chosen who will be our president and it is all in HIS plan. Absolutely the best post I have read today!

duchess said...

Well said.
Hope you have a great Election Day!

Unknown said...

Amen, Sister in Christ!
Katrina in AZ

angela | the painted house said...

Amen, Kara! I've said many a prayer over the last few days...thing is: ultimately God is in control--you said it perfectly.

michele said...

Well said. Let's all pray for our country and our new leader.